Monday, August 31, 2009

Moving Day

Well, I survived moving Christina into her dorm room---but barely. Seriously, why does life have to be so hard? God reminded me when I woke up this morning that I had been preparing for this day for more than 18 years. He also reminded me how blessed I am to share this exciting chapter of life with my dear child. I thought about the many moms who would love to have that opportunity, but don't. I am truly blessed.

So she is officially "off to college." I fed her dog for her tonight & avoided going into her room so I wouldn't start crying (again). Miss her so much already. Fortunately for me, she left her dress shoes at home & needs them for a fancy dinner so I get to go "drop them by" tomorrow. Hope I can make it till then. (Helicopter Mom strikes again!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there! I'm praying for you guys...that this transition will be smooth for all of you.