Saturday, August 11, 2012

Faux Patina

I have been playing a lot with a new technique which I LOVE!  It is called faux patina.  There are several steps involved, but it is really pretty easy and gives a wonderful rich look to a project.  I went shopping early in the week and found this inexpensive ($1) wood frame that I decided to dress up using this technique.
I wish you could see the gold embossing better in the photo, but my camera shuts my phone off when I try to use the flash.  Because the size of the frame is wider than my embossing folder and my Big Shot, I had a little wrinkling of the paper that you can see in the upper right corner.  I decided that it added character and didn't worry about trying to fix it.  :)  

Now I am off to have a productive Saturday.  Hope you enjoy the weekend!


No comments: