Monday, May 6, 2013

Mother's Day Prep

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!  This email contains pictures from the children's event held at our church last Saturday.  If your child attended please do not read this post!  It will spoil your Mother's Day Surprise!





I had the privilege of working with some amazing crafters this past week.  Since Mother's Day is this  Sunday, everyone is preparing...and I got to help with those preparations.

On Thursday I visited an assisted living facility and worked with the residents on a stamping project.  We created invitations for their Mother's Day Tea that will be held this week.  These sweet ladies did a FABULOUS job of stamping and punching.  I really enjoyed my visit there and look forward to stamping with them again next month.


On Saturday, our Children's Ministry hosted an event for the children to come and make a gift and a card for their moms.  Here are a couple of pics from our fun day.  They were all very excited about their gifts and I  am sure the moms will treasure them.  Although I only took pictures of two, all the children put thought and creativity into their gifts.




One of the things I love about stamping is that it is a craft you can enjoy at any age.  I love to stamp with my sister and my best friend, but I also love to stamp with my college age son & daughter.  And you can bet that someday when grandkids come into the picture I will be sharing my craft room with them too!

No comments: