Monday, December 17, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Blitz {Day 6}

I enjoy looking around at thrift stores and flea markets just to see what treasures I might find.  Last month I found these plates at the thrift store.


They were very cheap and I wanted to play around with them, so I bought the ones that weren't chipped or missing any embellishments.  I have stamped on glossy tiles before, but never on glass so I wasn't sure if my experiment was going to work.  In the end I was very pleased.


It did take a long while to emboss because glass doesn't heat up as quick as paper.  I was worried also, that my embossing powder was going to stick all over the plate, even though I used the embossing buddy on it.  In the end, though, the embossing powder only stayed where it was supposed to.


If you leave a comment I will put your name in the drawing for free stamps.  As a bonus today, I am giving away one of these stamped plates also.  So get your name in the drawing!!!

Finally, I want to wish my hubby a very happy 24th anniversary.  I spent some time in my craft room making something special for him also...


Have an awesome Monday!






4 comments:

Ginger B said...

Cute idea :)

Even cuter couple! Happy Anniversary...you guys are an inspiration!

Toni Baker said...

They are very pretty. Now they can be used for serving cookies, etc but what happens when washed ??

Vickie said...

Have I mentioned that my fav color is sparkly green??? :) Beautiful job on the plates and Happy Anniversary to Pat and you! :)

janet hathcoat said...

Beautiful love the saying Happy Anniversary to you!