Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Blessing A Day {Day 10}

As part of the body of Christ we are called to rejoice with others when they are happy and to weep with others when they are sad. My sister told me today about a man at their church who is going through a battle with cancer and a struggle to provide for his single income family since he's currently unable to work. They are having a silent auction at the end of this month to try and raise funds for him and his family. I knew this was the perfect project for me today. I made a couple of framed items to send to her for their auction.

The first one has the fruits of the Spirit listed along with the reference in Galaltians.

The next one is a small 4X4 quilted picture. I was so pleased with the way my quilted card turned out yesterday that I just had to repeat that technique. The picture really doesn't do it justice. It turned out so cute!

So what do you think? Would you bid on these? I am praying for this family and for the church as they support and encourage them. I hope you'll join me. My journey continues...

No comments: