Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Blessing A Day {Day 12}

Ever since my kids were little bitty, I have been sewing their costumes. Halloween, theater, costume parties...all of it. I have made princess costumes, Robin Hood, elephants, dinosaurs, three musketeers, dwarves, elves, etc. etc. etc. My daughter has several events coming up that require my sewing skills (limited though they are). One of the events requires her to present a talent in front of judges. She has chosen to do a karate routine. We decided to make an outfit that is different than the one she wears to class each week and maybe add some bling to it. :) Here's a pic of the pattern and the shiny material we chose.

So we are cutting & pinning & sewing this weekend. We also attempted to apply fake fingernails, but in the end all she had was blue fingers! Apparently the die from blue nail polish remover really soaks into your skin. I told her it would surely be gone before her semi-formal dinner on Monday....we'll see. I am so blessed to have a daughter that will spend her Sat. evening shopping and hanging out with her mom. :) And I am blessed to have a mother that helped me to learn to sew also. I guess doing this for her is as much a blessing for me as for my daughter, but I'll count it for today anyway.

No comments: